Mr. Wizard

I haven't seen last week's episode of Celebrity Apprentice. SNL informs me that the announcement about bin Laden came during the show. I thought you meant it'd come out in the middle of the season, but didn't realize you meant actually during the broadcast. That makes more sense of the idea that there was premeditation involved in the timing. (In the same SNL sketch, 'Donald Trump' references Citizen Kane. Didn't you just mention that movie tonight? :)) I still don't really get, I guess, how it's supposed to hurt Obama or help The Donald, 'cause you'd think Conservatives would be jumpin' for joy that we shot Osama (especially unarmed; I mean, what better way to say, "in your face, towel-head!") and Liberals would be less offended by that than by DT's blatantly capitalist bent. (I shouldn't say he's not a nice guy, though. I think in a personal capacity he probably is a pretty nice guy, or maybe more accurately a good friend, but I think he'd run America like a business, which would be good for us but which I think if he were the mind behind it would most likely be a really restrictive environment and I'd prefer to live in the kind of comp{any/comm}unity where business is smart without bein' oppressive.) I suspect you're right that it was supposed to be a positive thing for Trump's pre-campaign campaign, maybe 'cause it'd be assumed that most people watching would be his fans to some degree, but I also suspect that the American people are currently so deeply entrenched in our cynicism and rebelliousness that we'll likely find a way to make anything negative in the fairly short term. Trump's challenge (and the challenge of any politician in this climate, really) is to make the waves of public sentiment crest in his favor on a few pivotal days until he's ensconced in a position it's pretty hard to get him out of. (It's a stupid way of choosing leaders, in my opinion.) Elections'll be held in November, and this time around the nation'll probably be talkin' impeachment before anyone gets inaugurated in January. :D

It's rainin' to beat the band up here. Hope ya got home safe and you're stayin' warm and (if only in the 'not wet' sense :D) dry. Have a great rest of your weekend, and an even better week. :)

Posted via email from Moments of Awareness

Comments