Four Thieves Vinegar Recipe | Nourished Kitchen/Thanks, Julie! :)

Four Thieves Vinegar can cure the plague, at least, that’s what French folklore teaches us. And while I can’t comment on the veracity of this statement (and, no, it hasn’t been approved by the Food & Drug Administration), I will say that in every little garden whether it’s an expansive lot on a farmstead, a 10-foot by 10-foot plot in your community garden or a nook of potted herbs on your balcony, harbors powerful medicine in its own right. And when I venture out to my plot in the community garden or trim the kitchen herbs in terra cotta pots and plastic tubs on my porch, I know that this medicine is good enough for me.

Four Thieves Vinegar, a folkloric elixir thought to protect against black death, finds its way to my kitchen in the summer time when fresh herbs from the garden are plentiful. Four Thieves Vinegar is the stuff of legends and of kitchen magic – a beautiful combination of rosemary, sage, mint and raw vinegar that combines for a vibrantly herbaceous and slightly floral concoction that may or may not protect your family from the rigors of medieval plagues, but will definitely enliven plates of sweet lettuces and other summer greens.

[...]

Full article at nourishedkitchen.com

I like thieves' blend in oil form, too. I sniff it long and deep when there's a tickle in my sinuses, dab a little around my nostrils before I go to sleep if I feel stuffy, clears things right up. ('Course, I'll tend to up my intake of fresh garlic, too, and oftentimes that's all it takes, cheaper and easier than either of these for illness, but these are so much more delightfully fragrant. :))

Posted via email from Moments of Awareness

Comments