Carolyn Hax: Feathers fly over comments about chicken- fried steak | Carolyn Hax's columns | Idaho Statesman

Adapted from a recent online discussion.

Carolyn: I screwed up, big time.

I’m an active fitness competitor. As a result, I eat clean — mainly vegetables, whole grains and lean meats.

This weekend, my husband and I were out with his mother and sister when his mom, who has a habit of commenting on my food choices, looked at my salad and said, “I just don’t see how you can do that to yourself.”

I looked at her chicken-fried steak and fries and said, “I just don’t see how you can do that to yourself.”

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~

E-mail tellme@washpost.com. Chat online at 10 a.m. Fridays at www.washingtonpost.com.

Full article at idahostatesman.com

I really like Ms. Hax (and apparently, given that she's syndicated from the WA Post, so do a lot of other people :D). Her final statement here, "... She put you in the position of having to defend yourself, giving her the greater responsibility," is something that's often overlooked but makes a difference in 'fair and equal treatment'.

Posted via email from Peace Jaway

Comments