After recent joke by friend, Idaho Lottery winner was skeptical she'd won $1 million | Nampa, Caldwell | Idaho Statesman

In December, Hilda Floyd was fooled by a friend who gave her a phony lottery scratch-off game ticket. She thought she had won $25,000 and was taking her friend to dinner when she realized she'd been duped.

But the 63-year-old, who lives in Ada County, got the ultimate revenge a couple days later, when she bought a real Idaho Lottery Raffle ticket that turned out to be a $1 million winner.

She bought the winning ticket at the Maverik Country Store on Karcher Road in Nampa on Dec. 21, one of the biggest days for Raffle ticket sales in Idaho Lottery history. That day alone, more than 13,100 Idaho Raffle tickets were sold.

When a friend who had encouraged Floyd to buy the Raffle ticket (not the friend who gave her the phony lottery game) called Dec. 29 to check the ticket's number, she was skeptical when her friend said she'd won.

"After what had happened before, I simply did not believe it," Floyd recalled. "Then I saw the number on the 10 o'clock news and again the next morning in the paper. So maybe I did win."

So what's she going to do with the money?

"I have it all planned out. I am going to take care of few things for me then I'm going to take care of my family and my church," the Idaho Lottery's 25th millionaire told Lottery officials. "Giving it away excites me more than anything else."

The Maverik where the ticket was sold will receive a bonus from the Idaho Lottery of $20,000. The store has sold other big winners, including a $200,000 winning Powerball ticket in February of 2008 and then five weeks later a Powerball ticket worth $600,000.

Katy Moeller: 377-6413

Posted via email from Peace Jaway

Comments