Teen refugee: Prince Charming is dead - CNN.com

Watch this video

Reflections of 14-year-old Syrian girl

Editor's note: Cayanne is a 14-year-old girl from Aleppo, Syria whose family fled to Lebanon in April. She wrote her story, reproduced here, as part of a school project in Lebanon. Her parents consented to her using her first name for publication.

Beirut, Lebanon (CNN) -- One year, 365 days and an endless number of seconds, transformed my life 360 degrees, made it go from color to black-and-white, turned laughter into tears.

I now no longer perceive the world as a 14-year-old innocent girl who takes everything for granted, more as a victim of a terrible experience that'll never fade away, always reminding me of what others go through and a memory that will forever stay with me.

Before the revolution, I remember how, on cold winter nights we would sit together as a family, around the crackling fire sipping hot chocolate. I remember the smoke from the fireplace, wafting upward, leaving a scent of burning wood in the air. I remember [...]

Full article at cnn.com

 

Posted via email from Moments of Awareness

Comments