Our last hurrah | Twin Cities Daily Planet/Thanks, Jen

I had a chill while reading to the girls tonight. So cold. After putting them to bed, I padded downstairs to do dishes and watch the Colbert Report. While fumbling with the remote, the house phone rang. It was the evening nurse, and she wanted to confirm if my mother had a change to her Healthcare Directive. I immediately assumed the worst. I confirmed that she was a DNR as of today and was entering hospice tomorrow. I asked if she arrested and the nurse said no. She said I had to come in and sign an internal DNR form for the nursing home, but it could wait until the morning. Thanking the nurse, I returned to the tube.

I couldn't focus on the tube, so I space off. And I thought of my mom. Was it a c.y.a. [...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel Dykoski's picture
Rachel Dykoski

The Twin Cities Daily Planet is an edited news source produced by professional journalists working in collaboration with citizen journalists from the local community. We publish original reported news articles, articles republished from media partners, and some content (Free Speech Zone articles, reader-submitted blog entries, comments) that is moderated but not edited. Click here for a complete description of our editorial policies. Support people-powered non-profit journalism! Volunteer, contribute news, or become a member to keep the Daily Planet in orbit.

Full article at tcdailyplanet.net

Posted via email from Moments of Awareness

Comments