FREE FOOD... HELP YOURSELF

From: Kelly Q
Date: Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Dear Beautiful People..... 
 
I wanted to share with you all what we are creating here in Northfield MN... inspired by Todmorden Incredible Edible.
 
And read below... Monica is leading us. She works at JustFoodCo-op here in town.
Thank You Kolleen for sending that article! It definitely got things rolling here!
I'm LOVING the energy of 2012!!
 
Love&Laughter with you all....
Kel


--- On Fri, 2/3/12, Monica C wrote:
Hi all,

If I don't know you already, my name is Monica and I'm here to chat about some awesome buzz that's going around regarding, "FREE FOOD... HELP YOURSELF."  A group of us met last night to start a dialogue and direction for this new venture... what we're doing in a nutshell:
-working collaboratively with local folks and businesses to build raised beds (and bean teepees!) around the town of Northfield
-these beds will be built and tended communally with the intention that the food they produce is for everyone in town to eat eat eat
Simple, but powerful, eh?

Ultimately, this free food will be a vehicle for a larger dialogue about eating healthy food closer to home (our backyards!) and this can grow grow grow to include so many more ventures, so many more discussions.  

Here's a bit of inspirational reading about a town in England that has adopted this concept and what they have been able to accomplish (an apothecary garden on the hospital grounds, school gardens producing food for the cafeteria, corn outside of the police department...!):

If I have contacted you it's because a little bird told me that you may have some interest in becoming involved.  I am also going to send you all an invitation to join our "DropBox". This is a free file sharing service so we all have access to the latest updates about FREE FOOD... HELP YOURSELF.  Please feel free to contact me or everyone involved ("Reply All") if you have any thoughts about this venture... and if there's anyone else you know that would like to help out please send me their email and I'll add them to our Contact List and DropBox, I truly look forward to what we can all accomplish together!

Best,
Monica
*Love* this.

Posted via email from Moments of Awareness

Comments